Getting Started – The CO2 Performance Ladder for low-carbon procurement
The International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) and the Foundation for Climate Friendly Procurement and Business (SKAO) are pleased to invite you to participate in a virtual event that will showcase a joint project on low-carbon infrastructure procurement.
Since 2021, IISD and SKAO have been collaborating on a project to scale-up the use of the CO2 Performance Ladder in Europe. Already used by over 200 procuring authorities in the Netherlands, and recently deployed successfully through public procurement in Belgium, the CO2 Performance Ladder is quickly becoming recognized best practice for structurally decreasing carbon emissions, particularly in heavy infrastructure sectors. Moreover, the CO2 Performance Ladder has been developed and used in compliance with the European Union Procurement Directive, making it immediately applicable in other EU countries.
In this 1.5-hour virtual event, IISD and SKAO will introduce you to this carbon-management system and its use in public procurement. Next, procurement authorities and companies from the Netherlands and Belgium will explain the practicalities of using the CO2 Performance Ladder in public procurement processes and will provide tips for getting started.
- About the CO2 Performance Ladder for managing and reducing carbon emissions
- Insights from procurement authorities on using the CO2 Performance Ladder (Netherlands and Belgium)
- Insights from the company side on implementing the CO2 Performance Ladder and responding to public tenders (Belgium)
- Laura Turley, International Institute for Sustainable Development
- Maud Vastbinder, Foundation for Climate Friendly Business and Procurement (SKAO)
- Harald Versteeg, Programme Manager at Rijkswaterstaat
- Dirk Van Troyen, Road Structures Engineer, Flemish Agency for Roads and Traffic (AWV)
- Franky van den Berghe, Sustainability Manager, Willemen Group