US-Germany Climate and Energy Partnership Summit Day 2
The first US-Germany Climate and Energy Summit 2022 will be held on September 21-22 in Pittsburgh, PA alongside the Global Clean Energy Action Forum (GCEAF) - a joint convening of the 13th Clean Energy Ministerial and 7th Mission Innovation ministerial. The theme of the summit is Transatlantic Climate and Energy Cooperation: Together Towards Net Zero and Increased Energy Security.
The US-Germany Climate and Energy Partnership is co-chaired on the US side by the Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry and Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm, and on the German side by Federal Minister for Economic Affairs and Climate Action Robert Habeck and Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs Annalena Baerbock.
The Summit as the flagship event of the US-Germany Climate and Energy Partnership aims to strengthen the cooperation between the two countries and provides a platform for climate and energy experts from government, industry, research, and civil society to exchange ideas and learn from each other’s experiences.
Day 2 Schedule
12:30 PM EST - 1:30 PM EST
From Ambition to Action: Together Towards Net Zero and Increased Energy Security
Senior officials from both countries will discuss the interdependence of energy security and decarbonization, including through the First Movers Coalition. They will showcase US-German cooperation and talk about how the newly established Climate and Energy Partnership can accelerate climate action and inform global net zero, decarbonization, and energy security discussions.
- Joseph Majkut, Director, Energy Security and Climate Change Program, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
- Birgit Schwenk, Director General for Climate Protection, German Federal Ministry for Economics and Climate Action (BMWK)
- Andrew Light, Assistant Secretary for International Affairs, US Department of Energy (DOE)
- Axel Dittmann, Deputy Chief of Mission, German Embassy Washington
- Varun Sivaram, Senior Director for Clean Energy and Innovation, Office of the US Special Presidential Envoy for Climate (SPEC) (tbc)
Venue info: Please also sign up for the GCEAF by Friday, Sep. 9th to enter Convention location!
This event received planning support by the Transatlantic Climate Bridge. The organization of the summit is supported by the German Support Office of the Climate and Energy Summit, run by adelphi together with the German American Chambers of Commerce (GACCs).